Machine Learning Scientist
Launched in 1998, this pioneering British-born brand has specialised in creating amazing experiences and unforgettable memories – from hotels, city breaks and holidays to theatre, entertainment and spa days. Experts in brightening up online travel, lastminute.com is among the worldwide leaders in the field, helping hundreds of thousands of customers every year find, and do, “whatever makes them pink”.
lastminute.com is the European Travel-Tech leader in the dynamic holiday packages business, uniquely positioned to drive innovation-led growth.
Every month, lastminute.com reaches across all its websites and mobile apps (in 17 languages and 40 countries) 60 million unique users that search for and book their travel and leisure experiences. More than 1,200 people enjoy working with us and contribute to provide our audience with a comprehensive and inspiring offering of travel related products and services
At the heart of our culture is a commitment of inclusion across race, gender, age sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
We are looking for a highly qualified and motivated Machine Learning Scientist to work with learn to rank and recommendation problems. The selected candidate will be part of a cross-functional team composed of machine learning scientists, data scientists, and machine learning engineers.
- Develop complex analysis putting together different sources of data to identify patterns and anomalies
- Develop effective machine learning solutions to deal with challenging real-world problems
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team, including machine learning scientists, machine learning engineers, and data scientists
- Effectively manage incidents and problems, identify root causes, and implement remediation actions.
- Excellent knowledge of Python and SQL
- At least 2 years of experience or a Ph. D. in Computer Science, Physics, or Mathematics
- Good knowledge of Supervised methods (Classification, Regression)
- Good knowledge of Unsupervised methods (Clustering, Feature Selection, Dimensionality Reduction)
- Good knowledge of Reinforcement learning with a focus on multi armed bandit theory
- Knowledge of the most important Python libraries for Machine Learning and Data Analysis
- Experience with distributed version control systems
- Able to formalize a complex problem, prepare a plan, and clearly communicate the findings
Bonus points if you have
- Experience with NoSQL databases
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development, research, and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a bonus after 5 and one after 10 years in the company
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Benefit from extended parental or marriage leave