Site Reliability Engineer (full remote working)
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer with certified experience as SRE for our Technology department.
Site Reliability Engineer will work toward a Platform decentralised model to enable the team’s autonomy and to ensure the right level of governance and compliance.
- As Site Reliability Engineers we are responsible for the availability, performance, monitoring, and incident response of the platform and services running on multiple environments.
- Improve and evolve the current Self-Service Capabilities for developers
- Actively contribute to defining common processes like Cloud governance, new technologies adoption, cost management and optimisation
- Implement and enforce security best practices in AWS based cloud environment
- Collaborate closely with architects, developers, database administrators to handle the reliability and scalability of the infrastructure.
- Administer and provision part of infrastructure through IAC (Terraform)
- Support teams on legacy stack migrations to AWS
- Support teams on SLI/SLO/SLA definition and related implementation
- Participate in periodic on-call duties
- + 4 years experience as DevOps/SRE
- Strong experience and knowledge of AWS and related Governance and Security ( Organization, Service Control Policies, IAM, Security Hub, Guarduty, Amazon Inspector…)
- Strong knowledge of Docker and Orchestration frameworks (Kubernetes, EKS)
- Experience working in microservices based architectures
- Strong understanding of configuration management tools like Ansible and IAC tools (Terraform) and their best practices.
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience using Continuous delivery and deployment tools like GitlabCI, Spinnaker or similar (CircleCI / GoCD / Github Actions …)
- Knowledge of tooling such as Helm, Gitlab CI, Terraform, Gitlab, Vault etc.
- Familiarity and understanding of change management and incident management processes
- Experience in Tech Travel companies
- Good Knowledge of languages like Go, Python
- Certifications in one of above described fields
- Good understanding of hybrid cloud architecture
- Experience in the programming language Java
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Enthusiasm to learn new technologies
- Attitude to teamwork and ability to work in multi-location teams
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Receive a bonus after 5 and one after 10 years in the company
- Get free snacks / fruit / hot drinks / water / beverages at our offices
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events