Technical Product Manager Ancillary Platform – Checkout
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
lastminute.com is currently in search of a Technical Product Manager to join our team and take charge of our technology and architecture for the OTA (Online Travel Agency).
As a Technical Product Manager for Product Ancillary, you will collaborate closely with our technology team and architects to oversee the technical aspects of our product offerings.
In addition, you’ll be responsible to drive innovation finding possible new ancillary products to integrate and add to our current portfolio – being that supplied by third parties or built internally.
Your role will involve leveraging technology expertise to drive innovation, streamline processes, and boost revenue for our business.
- Collaborate with the technology team and architects to oversee the technical aspects of our ancillary travel products
- Identify and drive new products integrations to enhance and expand our offering, focusing on technology and architectural excellence
- Own the prioritization of the activities within the Product ancillary domain and be an active contributor in the roadmap definition, with a strong focus on technical excellence
- Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and prioritize projects
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, ensuring all stakeholders are aligned to guarantee the successful launch of product initiatives
- Continuously improve processes and procedures, emphasizing technical efficiency
- Monitor industry trends and best practices to ensure our technical product offerings remain competitive
- Define and manage APIs, ensuring they are scalable, secure, and aligned with industry best practices
Skills and Experience
- 3+ years of technical product management experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to use data for informed decision-making
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Proficiency in SQL
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for travel and knowledge of the travel industry
- Experience working in a multicultural diverse environment with different time zones
- Full working proficiency in spoken and written English is a must
- Familiarity with programming languages is a plus
- Experience working with a Data Scientist team
- Knowledge of technology and architecture in the travel industry
About the team
Our company is distributed across major European countries, in a multicultural environment where the Pink spirit gets lived boldly 🦩 through async comms and live remote events, as well as hybrid office gatherings.
Information sharing is crucial and, being a pure digital player, product management is at the heart of our business.
If you think we’re a fit and that we could have fun together, please let us know by applying for the position.
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events
- Welfare platform (Corporate Benefits) where you will find dedicated discounts with more than 1500 partners.