Market Manager German & Vienna Market
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
As Market Manager for the German & Vienna Market, the key objective is to expand lastminute.com’s network of hotel partnerships, establishing and maintaining account relationships within this Market. The Market Manager leverages their experience in procurement, e-commerce, revenue management and the hotel/travel/hospitality industry, in order to manage lastminute.com’s hotel market and partnership-related functions. Additionally, the Market Manager is expected to identify trends, source deals, optimise pricing, ensure content competitiveness and identify and secure potential sources of supply to satisfy consumer demand.
- Build strong supplier relationships and convincingly explain the strategic benefits of working with lastminute.com to grow bookings, revenues and gross profit.
- Evaluate existing partnerships and determine actions to optimise performance
- Execute and track both acquisition and account management activities
- Recommend and execute strategies and promotional activities with German/Vienna hotel partners to maximise accommodation availability and content competitiveness
- Identify, prioritise, negotiate, contract and onboard non-participatory hotels, ensuring favourable terms and conditions
- Conduct ongoing reviews of production with participating hotels and continually present strategic recommendations using a consultative approach to optimise hotel conversion and assist hotel partner hotels in maximising revenue via lastminute.com products
- Formulate project ideas, determine where opportunity exists and implement new approaches
- Identify supply requirements in terms of product offerings and promotions to meet German/Vienna market demands
- Identify, qualify, contact, counsel, and visit key accounts to grow lastminute.com’s portfolio
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximising booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Manage listings for new suppliers and renewals with existing partners
- Train and inform hotel partners on lastminute.com’s USP’s, technologies, tools and models
- Use creative thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges, facilitate new product creation or enhancements of existing technology and tools
- Prepare presentations and materials to leverage partnerships
- Analyse performance & manage regular weekly/monthly supplier reports
- Conduct local and/or national training (e.g., account management techniques, best practices, specific areas of business)
- Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field or equivalent experience
- Experience in e-commerce and/or revenue management, highly preferred within hotel, travel or hospitality industry (especially OTA channels)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence external/internal stakeholders
- Ability to research, prepare and communicate various proposals to potential and current hotel partners
- Success in acquiring, building and maintaining long-term partnerships
- Fluent in German, additional languages a plus.
- Proficiency in Mac, Microsoft office, Google suites and PC applications.
- Strong problem-solving, analysis, and planning skills
- Adapts well to – and is energised by a dynamic workplace and industry
- Possesses creative and innovative instincts, with the ability to translate ideas into reality
- Thrives as a team player demonstrates a strong work ethic
What we offer
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h FTE) with a 1/2 day every Friday
- Get dedicated focus time for learning, development and deep work
- Hybrid working according to local laws
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Participate in amazing winter and summer corporate events