Senior Software Engineer (full remote working)
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
*This vacancy is also eligible for External Referral Programme: Do you have a friend that you think can be interested in this position?Don’t keep it for yourself, click here and suggest us his/her profile! Check out how our External referral policy works here
* Please note that this is a full remote working position
We are a digital travel company, with tech at its core, currently looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end responsibility of building,delivering and evolving relevant products.
As senior software engineer in lastminute.com, you will work in our Product Engineering team and directly impact the lives of a global population of travellers. You will be involved in building and developing our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers.From the first day with us, you’ll experience working in a company with “growing-sharing culture” with a lot of opportunities to improve existing products, bring new ideas to life.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Design, write and test high-quality software by using a range of practices like TDD, DDD, Clean Code, SOLID Principles
- Create resilient, secure, and performant applications able to serve millions of requests per day
- Define the best technical solution and infrastructure for new features together with architects, always focusing on CI/CD
- Be responsible for the quality of the delivery
- Use tech expertise to proactively find solutions to solve complex issues, understanding and considering the business needs
- Contribute positively to the team´s technical growth, sharing your technical knowledge by interacting with your peers in the day by day activities
- Make real impact Influencing and guiding engineers working in the whole product engineering department
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, architects, and stakeholders from multiple teams to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end solutions
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer programming in OO/FP languages but preferably in JVM: Java or Kotlin
- Previous experience working with Clean code,SOLID principles and TDD,-DDD,
- Strong analytical skills an ability to take decision based on data
- Ability to understand the business requirements
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Growth mindset
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
previous working experience in startup or product company
What we offer
- Possibility to work in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming practices
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Java and Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and more …)
- Continuous learning program with technical internal sessions
- Access to online learning platform like O’Reilly
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following one (please consider that based on location and availability the process can be slightly modified).
- Qualified candidates receive feedback concerning their application from our Recruiting team
- Based on role and experience, candidates might be requested to solve a coding exercise to submit on a public repository on Github. Exercise will be assessed by our internal Engineering team
- Systems Design Interview: We will use an online whiteboard to design a solution to a given challenge
- Systems Design Interview Follow-up: We will continue working on the previous challenge with other architects at lastminute.com
- General Interview: We will have an one hour talk about technical stuff, personal experiences and analyzing possible production scenarios
- You’ll have the opportunity to meet our technical leaders and understand a little bit more about our continuous learning environment!