Senior Software Engineer
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. More than 1,700 employees spread across our offices worldwide develop our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
We are a digital travel company, with tech at its core, currently looking for motivated problem-solvers who will embrace the end-to-end responsibility of building, delivering and evolving relevant products.
As senior software engineer in lastminute.com, you will work in our Product Engineering team and directly impact the lives of a global population of travellers. You will be involved in building and developing our own scalable and resilient platforms to support an ever growing number of customers. From the first day with us, you’ll experience working in a company with a “growing-sharing culture” with a lot of opportunities to improve existing products, bring new ideas to life.
- Design, write and test high-quality software by using a range of practises like TDD, DDD, Clean Code or SOLID Principles
- Create resilient, secure, and performant applications able to serve millions of requests per day
- Define the best technical solution and infrastructure for new features together with architects, always focusing on CI/CD
- Be responsible for the quality of the delivery
- Be responsible for the performance, reliability and scalability
- Use tech expertise to proactively find solutions to solve complex issues, understanding and considering the business needs
- Contribute positively to the team´s technical growth, sharing your technical knowledge by interacting with your peers in the day by day activities
- Make real impact Influencing and guiding engineers working in the whole product engineering department
- Collaborate effectively with engineers, architects, and stakeholders from multiple teams to solve complex problems to deliver end-to-end solutions
Skills and Experience
- Strong experience as a Software Engineer programming in OO/FP languages, preferably in JVM: Java or Kotlin
- Previous experience working with Clean code, SOLID principles and Agile mindset
- Strong analytical skills an ability to take decision based on data
- Ability to understand the business requirements
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Growth mindset
- Fluency in English both written and spoken
- previous working experience in startup or product company
- previous experience with XP practises
What we offer:
- Possibility to work in an international agile environment using eXtreme Programming practises
- Bleeding edge technology stack (Java and Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Kubernetes and more …)
- Continuous learning program with technical internal sessions
- Possibility to join conferences around Europe for continuous improvement
- Coding Dojo: a weekly training to learn and share coding techniques during office hours
- LM-Talks: our very own knowledge sharing internal sessions
- Dedicated time for personal growth
- Access to online learning platform like O’Reilly
Candidates for this position can generally expect a hiring process similar to the following (note that depending on location and availability, the process may be slightly modified and can be completed in its entirety within 2-3 weeks).
- Selected candidates receive the first feedback on their application from our recruitment team
- HR interview: We will have a talk of production on technical aspects, experiences and analysis of possible personal scenarios
- Technical interview: Candidates will have the opportunity to meet our technical leaders while doing a pair session with them using an exercise to evaluate skills. (consider the exercise as a day by day work and it is not important to close all the points of the exercise, but it is important how you reason on it and how you execute it)
- Interview follow-up: Candidates will receive feedback from our recruitment team
Do you want to know more about our technologies? You can see our technological stack here* ⬅️.
About the team
Our company is distributed across major European countries, in a multicultural environment where the Pink spirit gets lived boldly 🦩 through async comms and live remote events, as well as hybrid office gatherings.
Information sharing is crucial and, being a pure digital player, product management is at the heart of our business.
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Work in a team with flexible working hours
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
If you think we’re a fit and that we could have fun together, please let us know by applying for the position.