Java Fullstack Developer – remote working model
lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Successful Java Fullstack Developer will help with maintenance of existing software platforms, design and build web applications, tooling and backend services to meet business needs both for internal and global audiences. They will also cooperate with developers in solving product problems and ensuring high quality of delivered solutions.
- Researching, designing, writing, testing and maintaining enterprise applications (web applications, web API, services) using Agile software methodologies
- Maintaining systems by monitoring, identifying and correcting software defects
- Contributing to the planning and analysis of high-level software strategies and solutions through functional and technical expertise
- Problem-solving and lateral thinking as part of a team, or individually, to meet the project needs
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills
- 2+ years experience in building web applications with Java and/or Kotlin
- Experience with Spring Boot and Java templating engines (like FreeMarker)
- Experience working with and building REST APIs
- Understanding of SQL database design and Data persistence frameworks in Java (like JPA)
- Experience with automated build tooling (like Maven)
- Hands-on experience with Git
- Willingness to learn new methodologies and tools, to adjust to changing environment
- Communicative English
- Working well in a Team
- Familiarity with:
- CQRS and Event Sourcing patterns
- TDD, SOLID and clean code principles
- design patterns, algorithms, data structures
- Familiarity with online authentication and authorization methods and/or vendors (like OAuth2, JWT, Auth0)
- Experience with any of the following:
- Asynchronous programming
By joining our company, you will have the chance to:
- Join a dynamic team in an inclusive-international environment
- Grow thanks to the career journey and our internal mobility perspective
- Manage your own schedule thanks to the flexible start and end of the working day
- Work a shorter working week (36h), of which 4 hours on Friday morning
- Get focus time for learning, development and deep work on Friday mornings
- Work partially or fully remote according to local laws
- Enjoy continuous training thanks to our company platform
- Benefit from employee discounts on travel
- Receive 2 days off per year for the purpose of volunteering
- Welfare platform (Corporate Benefits) where you will find dedicated discounts with more than 1500 partners