lastminute.com is the European Travel Tech leader in Dynamic Holiday Packages. It operates a portfolio of well-known brands such as lastminute.com, Volagratis, Rumbo, weg.de, Bravofly, Jetcost and Hotelscan.
Our mission is to lead the travel industry by leveraging technology to simplify, personalise, and enhance our customers’ travel experience. Experts in brightening up online travel, we help our customers find and do “whatever makes them pink”.
We continuously invest in talented people who ensure our offering is closer to the needs of the customers and keep us at the cutting edge of technology evolution. We run our business in 17 languages and 40 countries, with more than 1,500 employees spread across our offices worldwide, developing our own products and services to power the entire traveller journey for millions of people.
At the heart of our culture is a commitment to inclusion across race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, gender identity or expression and accessibility. We strongly believe in an equal opportunity space, which is welcoming and celebrates the uniqueness of everyone who works here. We value different lived experiences and respect viewpoints, as we know unicity drives innovation. We want to make sure our people reflect the communities across the world we help travel.
lastminute.com N.V. is a publicly-traded company listed under the ticker symbol LMN on the SIX Swiss Exchange.
Our products need to handle information at a massive scale, and extend well beyond selling flights. We’re looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are Product oriented developers with a growth mindset. Furthermore, we are curious problem solvers, and we like to collaborate, communicate, share knowledge and technical ideas and grow together.
We give you autonomy over the software you build and offer you the freedom to choose the right tool for the job.
- Hands-on experience with Node.js
- Familiarity with version control systems, such as Git
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience in debugging and optimizing web applications
- Communicative level of English (to be assessed during the interview)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of ECMAScript 2019+
- Experience with React hooks, CSS-in-JS, TypeScript, and Jest
- Hands-on experience with web applications and SSR using Next.js
- Experience with handling CI pipelines and project dependencies
- Familiarity with web performance optimizations
- Involvement in open-source projects
- Previous experience in startups or product companies
- Develop and implement high-quality front-end web applications
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create seamless user experiences
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Conduct testing and debugging to ensure optimal performance
- Stay updated on emerging technologies and industry trends
- Contribute to the production process through meetings, code reviews, and task estimation
- Work on core platform stability, enabling product teams to deliver customer-facing features.
- Collaborating with other teams to create the best experience for your customers within our next generation frontend application.
- Ensuring operational excellence of your services / applications.
- Understanding how our business works and how products add value to your customers.
- Learning and sharing experiences on new technologies and trends and how you can leverage them in current and future products.
- Collaborating and sharing knowledge with others across the group.