lastminute.com wins landmark court case against Ryanair
- Swiss Supreme Court rules in favour of lastminute.com and confirms its legitimacy of selling Ryanair flights.
- The judgement was declared a “major milestone” by the lastminute.com group and a “win for consumers” following a 15-year battle through the Swiss Courts.
- In rejecting Ryanair’s appeal, the Swiss Supreme Court highlighted the airline’s media campaigns as “contrary to the Federal Law Against Unfair Competition”.
- In light of the ruling, the CEO of lastminute.com now hopes to extend an “olive branch” to Ryanair to find a better way forward collaboratively.
- On top of the costs already granted to lastminute.com in the lower courts, Ryanair have been ordered to pay an additional CHF 49,000.